Saturday, October 20, 2012

Fall Creek Falls

Gary and I decided that we wanted to take the boys on their first camping trip to Fall Creek Falls.  Gary loves camping and has been talking about going for months. Camping is a little out of my comfort zone, but I was excited to go and experience all this with my boys.  
 Fall Creek Falls

Owen is a good little helper...
The campsite is ready and the boys are so excited!
 Throwing rocks over the gorge...

 Andrew loves to play Candy Land everyday and had to bring it on the trip :-)

 Time for dinner and s'mores...

 The boys loved being outside...

 Beautiful Falls...

Going across the swinging bridge.  You can't tell in this picture, but I was scared to death especially while carrying a wiggly toddler.  

 Relaxing at the campsite...
 I think eating s'mores is my favorite part of camping

We survived 3 days and 2 nights of camping :)

During the day, we had a lot of fun.  Night time was much more of an adventure and why I may wait a little while before we go tent camping again.  Haha.  

 The first night we were there, it rained a lot, and our tent leaked.  Gary and I woke up at 3:00AM as water was dripping off the roof in the tent and was hitting us in the face.  Gary saw that the tent was filling up with water and quickly took our bags to the car.  In the morning, everything was SOAKED!  At this point, I was trying to stay positive, but all our stuff including our clean clothes were wet and cold.  At first, Gary thought we could just let everything sit out and dry, but our stuff was way too wet for that.  We found a laundry mat, and dried our sleeping bags and pillows.  
 Here's our tent with a small river in it.

The second night, our beds were a little damp but somewhat bare able.  I woke up in the middle of the night, and I found the last bit of our snacks dumped out all over the campsite and teeth marks on the crackers.  I put everything back, and around 5:00AM that morning, we could hear another animal eating our stuff and rummaging through everything at the picnic table.  Luckily, we didn't have many things left, but the animal took our bread, crackers, and just made a mess everywhere.  We should have left all that stuff in the car but didn't think about it at the time.  

Overall, it was a great trip and was a blessing to spend time with just the 4 of us for a few days!


0 comments: