It's hard to believe that Owen is almost 2! We have been talking about taking away Owen's paci (aka "Sassy") for a few months now. For our family, both boys took a paci as infants, when they got mobile, I started limiting their pacis to sleep time, and then tried to encourage them to give it up around 18 months.
With all the changes we've been through lately as we moved, I just didn't want to try it anytime soon. Owen and Andrew go to a MDO 2 days a week, and I found out from Owen's teacher that he naps at school without his paci. I was really surprised! I thought surely he could do this at home too. A few days ago, Gary and I just decided to hide them and quit offering it to him. I thought he was going to cry and ask for it all the time, but he has only asked once. We've distracted him with his blanket and his favorite puppy stuffed animals each time he lays down. I know this is the perfect opportunity and that he's done awesome, but it honestly makes me so sad because he's getting so big! I am so thankful that it wasn't a battle at our house and that he wasn't missing it too much. Bye Bye Sassy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment