Sunday, April 12, 2009

He is Risen!

What a wonderful day to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ! Because of His sacrifice on the cross, we as believers have the wonderful hope of eternal life with Him. Praise God!

Gary, Andrew, and I have had a very eventful Easter weekend! Friday night, we had a Flashlight Hunt for the 4th-6th graders at our church, and we ended up spending most of the night in a closet playing games during a tornado warning. Gary can always find a way to make things fun, so we ate pizza and played games with the kids until the storm passed through. Saturday, we had a Big Easter Egg Hunt at the church for babies through 3rd grade and their families. We had a great turnout, and it was a great time of fellowship. Andrew also participated in the hunt for a few minutes. On Sunday morning, the 3 of us went to worship, and that afternoon, Cary and Amy Odom invited us over to their home for lunch. They have been great friends since we first visited Parkway in January.

Andrew's Easter Egg Hunt....





Hanging out with Daddy


Easter Sunday

2 comments:

Lorren said...

I love your Easter family photo! You all are such a beautiful family. Sounds like you had a great Easter in your new home. We sure miss you here though!

Melissa said...

Love that last picture! Very cute. I can't wait to see you guys next month. I am really excited to see how big Andrew is also! Miss you! I'm going to try and get an email out to you today. Hopefully filled with some comedy I think you'll enjoy. I had quite an adventure Monday morning...

Love,
Melissa