Thursday, November 6, 2008

7 months old!

Another month has gone by and our little guy is now 7 months old! Andrew loves sitting up while playing with his toys. He still enjoys his exersaucer, but he’s spending a lot of time playing while sitting up or on his tummy on the floor. It’s crazy to see how much he’s learning as he plays.

Just woke up from a long nap.

He tries to grab the water as we pour it.

Playtime in the morning

Lately, he’s been fascinated by the tags on his toys and stuffed animals. Gary and I will hand him a toy, he will get so excited, and within about 30 seconds, he finds the tag and puts it in his mouth. He will play with the tag longer than any other item on the toy. At first, we thought it was just certain toys, but he does this now with anything that has a tag. It’s pretty funny! He’s also started to give kisses. All of his kisses are open mouth and sometimes he will lick my face. I am usually covered in drool, but it is the sweetest thing. He is always grabbing my face when I am holding him, and I love how he's reaching his hands out for me to pick him up.

Here's a picture of Andrew examining the tag on his giraffe :)

First Cold
In addition to all the exciting new things that have been going on with Andrew, he has also had his first cold. He’s had congestion for about 3 weeks, and I have been doing everything I can to help him get over this soon. On Friday, we got home from preschool, and he had a 101 temperature, he was crying a lot, and had an upset tummy. I called the nurse at his pediatrician’s office, and she told me to bring him to the after-hours office since his cold is getting worse and because of his temperature. At the appointment, she told us that he had ear infections and that we just have to let his cold run its course. The past few days have been a little rough because he hasn’t felt well, and he’s had an upset tummy. I am hoping by the end of the week that we will be on the tail end of this cold. I am off work an extra day this week because of the election, so I am blessed to spend this extra time at home with Andrew!

Professional Pictures
We had Andrew's 6 month pictures taken at JC Penney, and I thought that I would put a few on the blog. I took pictures of the prints, so they don't look nearly as good. The real pics don't have shadows or bad lightening. Gary and I thought they did a great job, and we had a very hard time picking the ones that we ordered.




3 comments:

jlott said...

these pictures are precious - and those EYES - SUCH an adorable little boy!!!

Windot said...

SUCH CUTE PICTURES!!!! I can't believe he is 7 months old already.

Donald said...

Snuffin Family: Greetings from the Wirz family in CA. Snuffin is a pet nickname that we gave to our twin boys (combination of snuggle and muffin). I was bored, and googled "snuffin". Delighted at your own snuffin.

Pax Christi,
Donald