Andrew is starting to reach for his toys and grab them instead of just staring at them, and he is kicking the toys that are hanging by his feet on his activity mat. In the last few days, Andrew has also discovered his hands. It is so cute. He'll be playing with his toys, and once he sees his hands, he will start staring at them. He's starting to talk more and more and is smiling all the time, and he drooling and putting things in his mouth. When we were in Memphis, we also noticed that Andrew really likes to cuddle with a blanket. If he's getting sleepy and we put a blanket up at his chin or beside his face, he'll start pulling on it and cuddling with it in his arms. Earlier today, he was taking a nap, and when he woke up, he was holding his blanket in the air staring at his hands.
short video of Andrew playing.......
Andrew is now about 14-15 pounds. I usually weigh myself on our scale, and then I find out our weight together and subtract the difference. All this to say, it's just an estimate for now.
He still isn't sleeping all night yet, but he only gets up once during a 10 hour stretch. We are so thankful that he only gets up for about 1o minutes to eat and falls quickly back to sleep. We've tried putting rice cereal in his bottle, we are giving him formula at his last feeding, and I've tried to give him his pacifier instead of feeding him right away around 4:00AM, but he seems to be really hungry. He's also doing great with his daytime schedule of eating, playing, and napping, so we are just waiting for him to be able to sleep all night.
By the end of August, I am planning to stop pumping, and he will be eating formula. He'll be almost 5 months old then. I am starting a new job at a preschool in Raleigh 3 days a week in August, and we thought this would be a great time for him to switch over to formula. Initially, my goal was to give him breast milk for 3 months, so I am glad that I was able to make it much longer.
short video of Andrew playing.......
Andrew is now about 14-15 pounds. I usually weigh myself on our scale, and then I find out our weight together and subtract the difference. All this to say, it's just an estimate for now.
He still isn't sleeping all night yet, but he only gets up once during a 10 hour stretch. We are so thankful that he only gets up for about 1o minutes to eat and falls quickly back to sleep. We've tried putting rice cereal in his bottle, we are giving him formula at his last feeding, and I've tried to give him his pacifier instead of feeding him right away around 4:00AM, but he seems to be really hungry. He's also doing great with his daytime schedule of eating, playing, and napping, so we are just waiting for him to be able to sleep all night.
By the end of August, I am planning to stop pumping, and he will be eating formula. He'll be almost 5 months old then. I am starting a new job at a preschool in Raleigh 3 days a week in August, and we thought this would be a great time for him to switch over to formula. Initially, my goal was to give him breast milk for 3 months, so I am glad that I was able to make it much longer.
1 comments:
I can't believe August is alomst here and Andrew will be 5 months! That is crazy!!! I have enjoyed reading your updates today. We have been so slow ith the rain (which is just fine to me, I don't mind because my weekend was so busy). I am glad you had such a good trip to see your families in Memphis. I can't wait to get together tomorrow and go for a walk :)
Post a Comment